Our primary goal is to enable the mental health provider and patient with information to better understand how their specific gene families interact and impact a specific drug response.
The MyGenx™ test is a first step into the new world of Personalized Medicine. The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) created the Personalized Health Care Initiative to “improve the safety, quality and effectiveness of healthcare for every patient in the US. By using ‘genomics,’ or the identification of genes and how they relate to treatment, personalized health care will enable medicine to be tailored to each person’s needs.”
MyGenx™ tests can provide the mental health provider with additional information to mitigate the patient’s adverse response to drug therapies, provide predictive indicators that can assist the provider to determine the risk of thrombosis or prothrombin deficiency and help determine the therapeutic value of commonly used drugs for cardiovascular conditions. These tests can also help predict patient response to neuroactive drug therapy, as well as aiding in eliminating the adverse reactions that often come with these types of drugs. These tests incorporate a broad suite of antidepressants, antipsychotics, and anxiolytics.
Who Can Benefit?
- Patients who are currently taking opioids to manage pain
- Patients who are taking a cardiovascular medication to manage cardiovascular problems
- Patients for whom genetic testing is recommended or medically necessary
- Patients with a list of side effects from their current medications
- Patients that need to be put on a strong medication, and you are unsure how to start their dosing
- Patients who are currently taking 2 or more chronic medications